All forms and by-laws must be typed. All the documents should be submitted together. It may be necessary to schedule a meeting(s) with the Director of Campus Activities if there are questions about any of the forms or the by-laws. The time involved to complete the chartering process will vary. If you have special concerns about the time frame for the chartering process, please make those known to the Director of Campus Activities.
Choose the type of the organization from the following list:
- Special Interest
Membership required is a minimum of ten students registered for the current semester at the main campus of NMSU.
The organization is required to have at least one advisor who is a full time faculty or staff employee of NMSU.
The officers of the organization must be full time students (graduate or undergraduate) registered for the current semester at the main campus of NMSU.
By-Laws must be submitted and approved by Campus Activities. The format to follow in developing these By-Laws is available through the Department of Campus Activities. (new charter or amendments have been made during the previous year.)
List the activities for the organization’s previous year. (Recharter)
Please be advised that once you have printed the charter paperwork, your signature will serve to certify the following:
- All officers are registered full-time students at New Mexico State University Las Cruces Campus;
- The organization has at least ten registered student members at New Mexico State University Las Cruces Campus;
- All voting members are students at New Mexico State University;
- NMSU chartered student organizations shall comply with applicable NMSU policies, including but not limited to the policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, color, mental or physical disability, gender, serious medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, spousal affiliation, protected veteran status, or genetic information, except as sanctioned by law;
- The organization will adhere to campus rules and regulations.
This information once submitted will be reviewed by the Director of Campus Activities to verify the documents are in compliance with the Administrative Policies and Procedures of New Mexico State University. When it has been signed by the Director, it will be forwarded to the Dean of Students for final recognition. The organization president will be notified when the charter has been granted.